Question

Question

Postby Katy Blakely on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:14 pm

My friend and I are writing a fictional book on the Titanic. We want it to be historicly correct though and we're also writing while they're on the Carpathia. The problem is that I can't find hardly anything on the Carpathia. The main thing I want is how the first class cabins looked but I haven't found anything! I would appreciate any and all information on this topic. Pictures would be great.
White Star all the way.
Katy Blakely

Re: Question

Postby Karen Kamuda on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:38 am

Hi,
We are assuming you have just begun your search? There are at least a couple of dozen original articles many with great photos, in back issues of The Titanic Commutator in the Titanic Museum Store: http://titanichistoricalsociety.net/store/
The Carpathia has been covered over the years quite comprehensively in the Titanic Historical Society's quarterly journal.

A bit of advice for what its worth from a fellow writer: Writing and the research that goes along with it takes a lot of time, work, money and has to be a labor of love as the satisfaction that comes with it is the payment. You don't get into this craft to get rich. :lol: Having said that, finding good information for a book or an article takes creativity and usually isn't free. Others who researched and spent their time, work and money and had it published in a book, magazine or in The Titanic Commutator aren't going to give it away. If you are looking for good information, it takes hard work and mainly isn't free.

Karen Kamuda
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” ~~ P. J. O’Rourke
Karen Kamuda

Re: Question

Postby Katy Blakely on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Karen Kamuda wrote:A bit of advice for what its worth from a fellow writer: Writing and the research that goes along with it takes a lot of time, work, money and has to be a labor of love as the satisfaction that comes with it is the payment. You don't get into this craft to get rich. :lol: Having said that, finding good information for a book or an article takes creativity and usually isn't free. Others who researched and spent their time, work and money and had it published in a book, magazine or in The Titanic Commutator aren't going to give it away. If you are looking for good information, it takes hard work and mainly isn't free.

Karen Kamuda

I've been looking for a while but not constant, only through google a few times. I guess that's what my problem is, I'm looking for the information that's free :lol: . Mainly I was wanting pictures of the cabin so I could describe it. Are there any books JUST on the Carpathia?
White Star all the way.
Katy Blakely

Return to Carpathia