Dieges and Clust medals

Dieges and Clust medals

Postby Eric Wilson on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:51 pm

I have seen the picture of the Carpathian Medals that were awarded to the Carpathia's Officers and Crew that THS have representing the Gold,Silver,and Bronze Membership packages are those the actual Medals or Replicated Medals that were offered by the same company Dieges and Clust?Thank you.
אביחיל בן אברהם
And whoever saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world. - Mishnah Sanhedrin 4:5; Babylonian Talmud
Eric Wilson

Re: Dieges and Clust medals

Postby Allan Jones on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:21 pm

In 1959 a book was published by Angus and Robertson in Sydney Australia.The book was titled Ladies and Tramps and was one of three written by Sir James Bisset who had been the war time Captain of the Queens.He had finished his time with Cunard as Commodore .
In 1912 James Bisset was serving as second officer in Carpathia.
His discretion of what happened that night is the best I have ever seen and I am at a loss to imagine why it seem to be generally unknown.
The reason may be that it was published in Australia?
I Would interested to know if anybody out there is aware of this book.
Allan Jones

Postby Timothy Trower on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 pm

This tome is widely known -- I have two of the three books in this series -- but I'd love to see all three reprinted for the modern audience.
All the best,

Tim

THSMB Admin -- timtrower@NOSPAMtitanichistoricalsociety.net (just remove the NOSPAM before sending an email).
Timothy Trower

Postby Allan Jones on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:29 am

Dear Timothy Trower,
I am delighted to know that these books[James Bisset's works] are known about.
They cover the Transition from Sail to steam then record the greatest period of sea travel.
They should be republished.
Regards,
Theto
Allan Jones

Return to Carpathia