have a mirror need info on its probable worth

have a mirror need info on its probable worth

Postby robert gambetti on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:09 am

the mirror is a beveled glass mirror measuring 14" x 14" in a square wooden frame, either mahogany or oak. it measures 21 1/2" x 21 1/2" the stamp on the back is: TYLER & HIPPACH CHICAGO SEPT. 26 1907. so far my research has led me to the last three survivors on the last boat, who were all from chicago. i assume they were the makers of this mirror, i entered their names on the internet and also read the article they published in the chicago tribune concerning the captains disregard of the lookouts warning of ice bergs. are there any living relatives of these persons who might have more information about this particular mirror? if so i would certainly like to find them or anyone who may be interested in this mirror and its history. regards, robert gambetti i can be reached at: robertg_999@yahoo.com or by phone at: 541-606-5986. photos are to follow upon further inquires and or interest in this particular mirror. i'd like to follow the trail of this mirror, see who made it and where it may have been all these years. i bought it at a thrift store several years ago in california. hope to hear from someone who may be interested or have knowledge of this mirror soon. robert g.
robert gambetti

Return to Titanic