Final Voyage 1999 movie

Final Voyage 1999 movie

Postby Timothy Trower on Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:51 am

Okay, I'll admit it. I just wasted 95 minutes watching the movie "Final Voyage" set aboard the aging (but supposedly renovated) ocean liner "Britanic". It is very obvious that many exterior and interior shots were filmed on the Queen Mary, but what ship stood in for the "Britanic" in the sailing and sinking shots?

And no, I wouldn't advise renting/buying/viewing this movie unless you literally have nothing better to do with your time some lazy evening.
All the best,

Tim

THSMB Admin -- timtrower@NOSPAMtitanichistoricalsociety.net (just remove the NOSPAM before sending an email).
Timothy Trower

Re: Final Voyage 1999 movie

Postby Robert Gibbons on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Tim: The fascinating website www.jimusnr.com has the answer. Some footage from the movie Juggernaut was used in Final Voyage. The ship in Juggernaut was the TSS/CTC Maxim Gorky. Take a look at Jim's site for discussions of both Juggernaut and Final Voyage. Robert H. Gibbons
Robert Gibbons

Postby Timothy Trower on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Bob,

Very pleased to find the answer to my question. Now -- if you want said movie, it's yours! Just let me know.

Tim
All the best,

Tim

THSMB Admin -- timtrower@NOSPAMtitanichistoricalsociety.net (just remove the NOSPAM before sending an email).
Timothy Trower

Postby Matt Newman on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:04 am

I had never heard of this film before, but now that I have...I'm going to have to waste that 95 minutes and check it out. I found a few things to like about "Britannic"(2000), so maybe I'll find at least 1 thing to like about Final Voyage.

One thing I do wish though, is that all these movies would stop using the all-too obvious Queen Mary as a stand-in. I mean, c'mon. I know she's the only ship left approaching the era of the Titanic/Britannic, but for crying out loud, build a set. It's not like the set has to be Cameronesque HUGE, but you'd be amazed at what you can do with about 60 ft of set if you've got the right camera guy and director.

Anyway, enough of my rant on that matter.
Matt Newman

Return to Everything Else