San Diego Natural History Museum

San Diego Natural History Museum

Postby Keith Bassolino on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 pm

The San Diego Natural History Museum has had their Titanic Exhibit running since February and will run to September. It is run by RMS Titanic, Inc. and together with the museum built a section of the "Nat" Museum into a temporary exhibit. They did a great job and the exhibit is well worth your time if you are in the southern California area.

For this week, they are decreasing prices and having special events. Costumed actors are roaming the exhibit (two First Class passengers were there today), wireless demonstrations, and special movies are shown in the huge movie theater. See here:

http://www.sdnhm.org/exhibitions/curren ... eek/#films

They also need volunteers to help out and its a great program. It will give you a chance to really see the exhibit and interact with the guests. I'm a volunteer and spent several hours today in front of the passenger list pointing out to guests if "their" guest survived or perished. Very rewarding. Let me know if you have any questions or want more information.

Thank you!
Keith Bassolino

Re: San Diego Natural History Museum

Postby Timothy Trower on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:53 pm

Keith,

Thanks for posting this for the benefit of those on the west coast. It is interesting to me (and kind of outside of the scope of this post) that RMST is finally doing more analysis and releasing those findings to the public -- my friend Bill Sauder has done a great deal of work in this regard.

The best of luck with this display.
All the best,

Tim

THSMB Admin -- timtrower@NOSPAMtitanichistoricalsociety.net (just remove the NOSPAM before sending an email).
Timothy Trower

Postby nancykwan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:03 am

Thanks, Keith, for the info. I'll be attending the event on April 14 at 11:00 PM with my family and friends.
nancykwan

Postby angelica lee on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks a lot for the info. I will be taking a trip to San Diego at the end of the summer, and now this exhibit is on my San Diego to-do list.
There is a great Titanic museum in San Diego that I had the chance to see while staying in a San Diego Hotel. I would recommend it to anyone.
angelica lee

Return to RMS Titanic, Inc.