SS Wilhelm Gustloff

Re: SS Wilhelm Gustloff

Postby Timothy Trower on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:50 pm

I'll say this with all kindness -- you need another hobby to spend your passion on.
All the best,

Tim

THSMB Admin -- timtrower@NOSPAMtitanichistoricalsociety.net (just remove the NOSPAM before sending an email).
Timothy Trower

Postby Tyler J Frederick on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:23 pm

I know what mean. Aside form the fact that I think about Ocean Liners during the day & dream about them at night, I do have other interest. If you want, I'll tell you. Just say the word. But I must respectfully tell you that not one hour goes by that I don't think about the ships. Again, just say the word & I'll tell what my other interest is. Tyler Frederick

PS. Thank you for forgiving me.
Tyler J Frederick

Postby Tyler J Frederick on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:12 pm

I'm still reading the book that I mention twice, & after reading farther, I found that both sides made mistakes. I still can't condone the destruction of the Wilhelm Gustloof with the loss of 9,618 souls, I begainning to understand what you guys have been trying to get though to me. I still want to know more about the Gustloff, but I will continue to research this ship with the fact that she was save from the scrapyard. Arigato. T Joshua Frederick
Tyler J Frederick

Postby Tyler J Frederick on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Forgive me, I made a error in the name, I spell Gustloof instead of Gustloff. Sorry about that.
Tyler
Tyler J Frederick

Postby Tyler J Frederick on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:06 pm

I have just Finish The Cruelest Night. I got two questions answer. Question 1: Why did the Soviets sank the Wilhelm Gustloff taking with her 9618 souls on board? The answer: Alexander Marinesko called all Germans fascist. Marinesko didn't care if the Wilhelm Gustloff was a Cruise Liner, & was mainly fill with women & children. In his mind, the Germans were fascist & they deserve to die. Question 2: How can the Soviets be so cold? The Answer: The Soviets were just that, so cold. They kill at every turn, They don't care about anything or anyone. It was Death to all who oppose us to the Soviets. I still don't know why the Soviets destroy the Mid section of the Gustloff, but I am going to learn more of the Wilhlem Gustloff.
Tyler J Frederick
Tyler J Frederick

Postby Jeremy Aufderheide on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 am

We've answered most of your questions on this thread already.

As far as destroying the mid-section. There's no definitive answer that I've ever heard. It's *surmised* that the Soviets destroyed the wreck after searching for documents. I don't see how they could handle such an exploration with primitive diving equipment, though. They may have just destroyed it outright because of rumors of sensitive documents aboard.
Jeremy Aufderheide

Postby Tyler J Frederick on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:29 am

I still have alot to learn about the Wilhelm Gustloff, but as far as the mid section is concern, the only thing to do, is to read another book on the ship. It call, I believe, The damned don't drown. I apologize foer the word, but that is the name of the title. Other than that, Thank you. The mystery will be solve eventually. Again, thank you. Tyler Joshua Frederick
Tyler J Frederick

Postby Tyler J Frederick on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm writing here because I need some help & advice. I'm going to see the Wilhelm Gustloff in a little bit, But as a member, I must be honest. Even though I'm going to enjoy watch her, I'm also going to dark, hateful, hostile, & vengeful about the tragedy. I need.... Want to how to avoidful this? I'm not the kind of person that let things go easily. I carry a burden that I don't want to let go. I do HATE Soviets as much as I HATE scrap merchant. These two smilies will show my feelings :evil: :twisted:. I'm also not the kind of man who cares much. But this is one of those times that I do care. Please, if anyone cares, tell me what I must do, so I don't end up doing something I'll regret, or hurt me or the Society. I would also would like to know what will happen to me if I can't let go of all this hate, resentment & even bitterness. Please, I beg of you. Now, I reduce myself to begging & with that, I must go, But I welcome any comments on help & advice.
Sincerely,
Tyler Joshua Frederick
of the
Frederick Clan

PS. Forgive me, & forgive for resorting to begging.
Tyler J Frederick

Postby Ludwig Bader on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Just a short answer: You have to live a life, and not to dream your life.

The Soviet Union is no more. There is no need for hate and anger. Furthermore - there never were "the" Soviets. There were about 160 millions of individuals acting, and one of them was the submarine commander who sank the Gustloff. Perhaps another man with another story hadn't fired the torpedo...? Nobody knows. Please, leave that useless leveling - by the way, that is (or better was) Soviet thinking, that is part of communist ideology!

About the topic "scrapping" is said enough.

If our world didn't change, it would be a sad planet. Just imagine the world hadn't changed in the 19th century - there would never have been all the great ocean liners we all like so much. Let's be open for what will come.

All the best,

Ludwig
Ludwig Bader

Postby Tyler J Frederick on Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:52 pm

I'll keep that in mind. You're right though, I need to look in the future, not the past. I need to change myself first or I won't make any progress. Tyler
Tyler J Frederick

Postby Tyler J Frederick on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:29 pm

I know that the Lancastria's sinking was tragic, but the sinking of the Wilhelm Gustloff is even more sad. To get what I'm talking about, reading the new tread I wrote concerning the Lancastria. The women & children of the Wilhelm Gustloff did not need to die. Let me say this, death hardens my heart. I know the Germans sank the Lancastria, but come on the sinking of the Wilhlem Gustloff was more then 3 times the lives lost on Lancastria. Lewis sama was right,
Men start wars. women clean up afterward.
I also agree that if thing were the other way around, there would be no more wars. It is what it is, I'm sorry to say, but I'm still not planing to forgive the USSR.
Tyler J Frederick
Tyler J Frederick

Postby Arlene Blundell on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Funny how you people go out of your way to respond to something like this. Is this guy a paid up member of the Historical Society? A positive answer could explain the great pains you take with someone obviously deranged.

Great how you canrespond to this less than stable individual ad nauseum, and yet, many others on this site wait YEARS for a response.

Is something rotten in the State of THS?

People wait far too long. It is an accepted practice with forum websites that the answering of threads that noone else will bother with is a true role for a moderator. He/she does'nt have tobe present all the time. But they provide that human link that can make welcome a stranger to the site, and encourage them to keep hitting the site. The more hits you get, the more advertising dollars you can aim for.

Does the board not know how to run a forum?

Or are you just so scared of Tyler Frederick discovering where you live or work that it discolors everything else of what could be a great website.

Is anybody controlling this board? Its not exactly conducive to bringing people in to the fold of THS. They come to this site, see the wreckage, and decide not to put their money down. After all, if something as straightforward as a website is mishandled in this fashion, would does this say about the board members that peruse it? Disorganised? Don't care? Contempt for anybody who hasn't written a Titanic book? And what do these attitudes say further about the researchers on this site? They sound like a bunch of people in First Class cabins, contemptuosly gliding over the rest of us, in Second Class as well as steerage.

Whos going to be the first board member to slink into the boats, leaving all the plebs behind?
Arlene Blundell

Previous

Return to Maritime History