Sewage system on Titanic

Sewage system on Titanic

Postby nancykwan on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:45 am

Just curious where all the 2340 passengers go when they do their potty, who collects them, and where all the stuff ends up. Is there a sewage system on the Titanic?? (Just a thought while I was on the toilet :lol: )
nancykwan

Re: Sewage system on Titanic

Postby Ali Wilkinson on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:42 am

Hi,I Am Ali Wilkinson 29 years old. I am from the UK but I reside overseas.

Nancy, I to often wonder what it was like onboard the Titanic.Whilst I was traveling on a ship, I had a chat with my ex bout 'if titanic passengers ever 'got it on' lol.

To answer you're question, Titanic was one of the first ships to had 'flushing toilets'.I had read that TItanic had luxury items which house holds could wish for. I don't have any thing to back up my statement up, more research has to be done, I am affraid.

good luck. :)
Ali Wilkinson

Postby Michael H Standart on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Titanic was hardly the first ship to have flushing toilets. These nifty devices had been aroud since the latter part of the 19th century and by the 20th, they were everywhere.

As to where the waste water went, it was directly into the ocean or harbour since modern collection, holding and treatment systems didn't exist at the time.
Michael H Standart

Postby Eric Wilson on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Just an addition.Here are the class of toilets used in Titanic.
1st class:Marble
2nd class:Porcelain
3rd class:Cast Iron.
אביחיל בן אברהם
And whoever saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world. - Mishnah Sanhedrin 4:5; Babylonian Talmud
Eric Wilson

Return to Life on Board