Critical Changes!

Critical Changes!

Postby Aly Jones on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:03 am

Just learnt two more critical changes before Titanic set sail.

1# The Titanic bulk heads were lowered from 15 feet too 10 feet in height,the reason why is for the grand stair-case to be lower into the ship & make GSC even bigger than Original planed.

2# Captain Smith waited 20 full mintues too deverte course too allow another ship to pass by,to allowe that ship to pass the ice feild safely.
20 minutes too late for the Titanic?

(I am no way blamming Smith for these critical changes)
Aly Jones

Re: Critical Changes!

Postby Timothy Trower on Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:36 am

What source material are you citing for these two statements?
All the best,

Tim

THSMB Admin -- timtrower@NOSPAMtitanichistoricalsociety.net (just remove the NOSPAM before sending an email).
Timothy Trower

Postby Mark Chirnside on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:51 am

It would be an interesting read, wouldn't it Tim? ;)

Best wishes,

Mark.
Mark Chirnside's Reception Room:
http://www.markchirnside.co.uk
Mark Chirnside

Postby Timothy Trower on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Mark -- that's just what I was thinking! It'll be worth the wait, don'tcha think?
All the best,

Tim

THSMB Admin -- timtrower@NOSPAMtitanichistoricalsociety.net (just remove the NOSPAM before sending an email).
Timothy Trower

Postby Tom McCluskie on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Words fail me.......see sketch :lol: More likely if Cap'n Smith had bothered to switch on the headlamps the iceberg might have been seen in time to avoid the collision. :roll:
It was like that when I got here
Tom McCluskie

Postby Aly Jones on Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:23 pm

Just learnt two more critical changes before Titanic set sail.

# Captain Smith waited 20 full mintues too deverte course too allow another ship to pass by,to allowe that ship to pass the ice feild safely.
20 minutes too late for the Titanic?

I made a mistake with With this qoute here,Titanic was allready well fully on her way too new-york, when Smith decided too wait full 20 minutes too let the ship go past the ice field safley.

The other qoute happend before Titanic set sail!

What source material are you citing for these two statements?

Probalary from you're friends,lol,after all documentories are run by historians, just like you guys are.
I viewed a SBS documenrty called "Unsinkable Titanic "(I think it is a new docomentry,cause I never seen this program before)

I cant believe you historians never knew about this information,and I did,I feel speical now 8-)

you guys should ask you're other history historian friends (out side of this forum) & find out any more on this subject,since I am not an expert.

PS,you could be a little more serious on this thread,I thought it was really good information on about the Titanic & also you guys are normally serious about Titanic & this forum is normally serious,I hope you guys don't look at me as a joke!as that would hurt me,very much so.

I nearly forgot to had this...
The program also stated that the first bulk head was the only one left 15 feet high & never lowwerd too 10 feet.
Aly Jones

Postby Timothy Trower on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Aly,

So, you have no source documentation for either of these claims?
All the best,

Tim

Timothy Trower

Postby Aly Jones on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:39 am

So, you have no source documentation for either of these claims?
Am I in some sort of trouble or something?
Tim, I thought you knew I was not like you guys,I am not a historian like you guys are,I thought it would be a good discussion,thats why I posted this information.
I never claim to have any orginal Titanic source,however the program was going by orginal 1912 court precedings documentations of Bruce Ismay/ Charles Lightoller & Harold McBride.
The program had the documents but I never did,why would you ever think I had orginal documentation on Titanic,lol,after all,you are talking to me,Aly, and every one knows I am not an expert Titanic researcher,only experts have orginal documentations ;)
Aly Jones

Postby Aly Jones on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:03 am

Tim... I have been searching for a while now & seem too can't find anyting about Smith during the voyage waiting 20 Mintues for a ship too past by to saftey,however,I did heard correctly.
If any one can get Titanic's wirless transactions from the start of her voyage too her last day,there should be a conversation between Titanic & the other ship (at question) about Titanic giving way for 20 mintues mid voyage.
Sorry Tim...I should make sure I had something too show for it before posting,I remember you stating to me at one time, I had to have proof,to go with my qoutes,i'm sorry! :(
Aly Jones

Postby Jeremy Aufderheide on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:21 am

I cant believe you historians never knew about this information,and I did,I feel speical now

This implies that you felt that this information is true.

Aly - If you're going to make claims like this, you should be prepared to answer questions. Common sense would dictate that. If I were to come on this board and claim that Captain Smith was, in fact, a woman dressed as a man, I would be prepared for a firestorm and demands for me to back up the claim.

That being said, I may be on to something here. His beard always *did* look waaaaay to perfect to be real. And without [most of] it, would look kind of like my aunt.
Jeremy Aufderheide

Postby Aly Jones on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:56 am

If I were to come on this board and claim that Captain Smith was, in fact, a woman dressed as a man,

That being said, I may be on to something here. His beard always *did* look waaaaay to perfect to be real. And without [most of] it, would look kind of like my aunt.
LOL :lol:
You can be mean at times,but you also be at times, real funny aswell.

This implies that you felt that this information is true.

yes that's correct,I do believe its true,it still can be proven right! (only by an expert,I have no chance finding prove)
Aly - If you're going to make claims like this, you should be prepared to answer questions.
Yes excatly,I love when members answer my post & questions too,however,just shocked that no historians new of this 20 minute action by Smith.

There ist alot of truth too my claim,though!
every one of us knew that Captain Smith did alter course mid voyage,but why did we all exspect no delayes in Smith changing course? (In 1912,there was so much Ship Traffic,it may be just possible)
My claim can be wrong or still be right,hope an expert saw my thread & looking for an answer right now,any who,did you look for an answer for my thread Jer Auf? Just playing with you Jer Auf,lol.
Aly Jones

Postby Michael H Standart on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:54 pm

>>yes that's correct,I do believe its true,it still can be proven right! (only by an expert,I have no chance finding prove)<<

Aly, the catch here is that the assertions made in your first post can be either proven or disproven IF you take the time to check things out with the original source material.

>>I never claim to have any orginal Titanic source,however the program was going by orginal 1912 court precedings documentations of Bruce Ismay/ Charles Lightoller & Harold McBride.<<

The actual court proceedings and inquiries are a matter of public record and a substantial body of that material is accessible on-line thanks to Rob Ottmers and a team of contributors and editors who transcribed them for The Titanic Inquiry Project. See http://www.titanicinquiry.org/

You will, no doubt find the section with the depositions taken for the Limitation Of Liability hearings to be of use.
Michael H Standart

Postby Aly Jones on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:06 am

Aly, the catch here is that the assertions made in your first post can be either proven or disproven IF you take the time to check things out with the original source material.
Sorry,but I dont know how too find these sources,unlike how you can.I look at the link you have provided,did you prove me right or wrong? was I right? I dont know what section you want me too look at,is the answer in you're link?
Did that actually happend,Smith during mid voyage halted for 20 minutes (to give way to anothr ship) before deverting course?

Thank you.
Aly Jones

Postby Timothy Trower on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:23 am

No.
All the best,

Tim

Timothy Trower

Postby Aaron Quirey on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:30 am

A ship the size of Titanic would never stop in mid ocean and would never change course for another ship simply passing by. I think the Atlanic ocean is a big enough playground for two way traffic. Not even today would that be done, unless both ships are travelling in hazardous conditions e.g. fog.

This is what I understand happened. Because of the increasing number of ice warnings, the Captain ordered Titanic to alter course and sail a more southern route. The Captain was mean't to put the ship back on track in a westerly direction at 5:30pm but he decided to wait an extra 20 minutes before changing course, hoping that would keep them further south and further away from any ice. Sadly that was not enough. Titanic was now steering directly towards the iceberg that doomed her.

Aaron Quirey

Postby Michael H Standart on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:15 am

>>Sorry,but I dont know how too find these sources,unlike how you can.<<

Aly, The Titanic Inquiry Project has been pointed out to you on several occasions, and not just on this forum.

>>I look at the link you have provided,did you prove me right or wrong? was I right?<<

You tell me. After all, you just said you looked.

>>Did that actually happend,Smith during mid voyage halted for 20 minutes (to give way to anothr ship) before deverting course?<<

No. After the ship left Queenstown, she never stopped until her encounter with the iceberg gave her no other option.
Michael H Standart

Postby Aly Jones on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:26 pm

A ship the size of Titanic would never stop in mid ocean and would never change course for another ship simply passing by.

No. After the ship left Queenstown, she never stopped until her encounter with the iceberg gave her no other option.

Sorry fellas,you mis-understood me,I should have been more clear!
I never said Titanic halted mid voyage,Smith halted mid voyage Titanic's deverstion too the south route for 20 mintues (Titanic still in motion & moving) allowing for a ship too pass through safley with out any chance of Titanic hitting the other ship,then when the ship was clear,Smith made his deverstion too the south route.
This is what I have veiwed & heard.

but he decided to wait an extra 20 minutes before changing course,
exactly! What was Smith's reason for waiting for 20 minutes before deverting course? Another ship?

Im sorry,I can't make it any clearer for you guys.Im just not that skilled in typing professionatly.
Aly Jones

Postby Aaron Quirey on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Aaron Quirey

Postby Aly Jones on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Aaron,that image which you presented is what I was excatly talking about,now,those triangles represents other ships? right?
Although,I did get mucked up on few facts but Smith did wait 20 mintues,which I stated in my first post,but I did get confussed with one statement (which is proven in youre image) in which a member was trying to work out & point it out for me,sorry about that,Micheal.
Aly Jones

Postby Timothy Trower on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Other ships??? I am now speechless.
All the best,

Tim

Timothy Trower

Next

Return to Collision and Sinking Theories