Theory 1: Titanic sinking

Theory 1: Titanic sinking

Postby Caroline Mendes on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:48 pm

the Titanic collides with an iceberg on the starboard side of the ship in less than one minute he goes through these lateral seconds begins to penetrate the water compartment through a well by others over the Titanic had an impenetrable shell by then they were saying how he broke an iceberg theory and the failure of steel beams that held up because that part? let us know: The beams supported steel plates that formed the hull had some defect in the second fabrication gelida water caused these beams ficasem most fragile and the collision did they entortarem leaving the water entering the ship.
Caroline Mendes

Re: Theory 1: Titanic sinking

Postby Tom McCluskie on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:39 am

yes... what was the question? :lol:
It was like that when I got here
Tom McCluskie

Postby Michael H Standart on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Caroline, what would this "defect" be and what is your evidence to support it? I'm not aware of any evidence that the Olympic class had unusual shortcomings which...if made right....would somehow make them immune to collision damage.

Be mindful of the absolute fact that no ship is perfect and that no matter how well she's built, when you crunch 52,310 long tons into a mass that's going nowhere while you're trucking along at 21+ plus knots, you WILL do some serious damage to the hull.
Michael H Standart

Postby Jim Buchanan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Boa tarde Caroline.

Nosos tem problem com falas portuguesa em sua messagem. Mais noa faz mal! :lol:
Voce fala e escrever em ingles muito bom mais esta problema grand por outres aqui. Porque quando voce nao lembrar os falas ingleses, voce substituto falas engles com falas portugueses. Agora; noa faz mal!

I have used all my Portuguese so now I write in english.

I think you asked:

"The beams ( Frames) supporting the steel hull plating plating in the 'second fabrication'?

Did the cold water leave the beams (frames) fragile and they distorted, allowing the water to enter the ship?

If that is your question.. the answer is No!

The beams were inside and not in contact with the water. Cold water makes steel fragile. Fragile steel usually breaks, not distorts.
Do you mean rivets?...rebites?

James B.
Jim Buchanan

Return to Collision and Sinking Theories